Author: A.P Studio
The Gimlet was invented in the late 1800’s to combat scurvy on long sea voyagers though now we enjoy it as an easy to make cocktail. The gimlet can be made using lime cordial, sugar syrup and lime juice or just plain lime juice for the true gin connoisseurs.
- 30mls Miners Gin
- 25mls lime juice
- 25mls sugar syrup
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Coupe glass or Martini glass.
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice cubes.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass with some crushed ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- To make your own sugar syrup simply boil one part water with one part sugar until the sugar has dissolved and then let cool.